Exercise Therapy at the Circle of Trust Healing Center
Exercise aids your body in detoxifying from environmental pollution, food waste, medications, and alcohol. It also strengthens muscles, increases aerobic capacity, improves flexibility, calms the mind and improves mood.
When you exercise, you also detoxify as your body stretches, breathes, circulates and sweats. Drinking pure water as you exercise and detox gives your skin the moisture it needs to sweat and your kidneys the fluids to filter toxins effectively. As your heart and breathing rates increase and you drink more water, your body is able to flush unhealthy stored toxins, fats and waste.
Exercise is Beneficial by:
- bolstering the immune system
- elevating mood and creating a more positive outlook
- calming the mind
- helping to overcome depression
- assisting in overcoming the cravings and anxiety during detoxification
- improving bone density
- allowing for a better night’s sleep
- increasing energy and vitality
- helping manage weight loss
- lowering cholesterol and high blood pressure
At the Circle of Trust Healing Center, we focus on gentle, low-intensity aerobic exercise according to your physical assessment and Treatment Plan.
The intent is to get your body moving, your lungs breathing deeply and your heart pumping while staying in a safe, fat-burning zone. You will be exercising at a rate where you can easily carry on a conversation while breathing evenly which circulates and cleanses both your blood and lymph glands. Your largest organ, your skin, also releases toxins through perspiration, and your lungs enlarge and release carbon dioxide as a waste product of exercising.
For exercises to assist you in detoxifying and strengthening your body, we offer yoga, rebounding, walking/hiking, power walking, dancing, and gym equipment for self-guided exercise.
A very important part of any healing process is to re-discover or (discover for the first time) one’s deep and sacred connection to one’s body. The philosophy of yoga is very profound in assisting the mind/body connection to become re-established as it uses breath-initiated movement. The practice allows the body to release areas of tension and stress while also providing more flexibility and stress reduction through both the physical poses and the breathing exercises. Yoga assists us in becoming more aware and present in our bodies.
Research studies have shown yoga to be a successful, gentle and nurturing aid in the recovery process from alcohol, drug and food addictions as well as trauma.
Yoga in association with individual and group therapy helps to create a new relationship to the body/self and promote a healthier attitude and support for the healing process. It also has been shown to assist in the detoxification process in a gentle and supportive way.
Yoga is one of the many therapies used at the Circle of Trust Healing Center to help combat cravings, anxiety, insomnia, agitation, anger and other symptoms our clients may experience.
The mind-body-spirit approach of yoga requires will and determination which assists individuals in regaining control of their minds and bodies as well as increasing flexibility, improving circulation and concentration, and promoting relaxation and improved sleep.
A yoga class is offered every weekday morning during your stay at the Center.
Benefits of Yoga
- Increases body awareness and quiets the mind
- Relieves and helps manage habitual stress patterns
- Helps to develop coping skills and promotes a more positive outlook
- Increases flexibility in body and one’s life
- Promotes a balanced metabolism
- Improves respiration, energy and vitality
- Assists in better cardiovascular and circulatory health
- Improves posture, digestion and elimination
- Boosts the immune system
- Reduces insomnia and promotes a better night’s sleep